- On March 23, 2016
Prescribed burning plays a critical role in preventing catastrophic wildfires.
There are benefits of fire in natural areas. Ecosystems need periodic fire to remain healthy. Many species are dependent on fire to maintain the habitat in which they live. Without fire, trees become stressed from overcrowding and hazardous flammable fuels accumulate. A prescribed (or controlled) burn sets fire at the right place and at the right time.
The HX team is familiar with the extensive planning, training, personnel, and equipment that is necessary for prescribed burns. We gladly play a role in supporting natural resources and reducing the risk of unwanted future wildfires. More prescribed fires mean fewer extreme wildfires.
- Reduces hazardous fuels, protecting human communities from extreme fires
- Minimizes the spread of pest insects and disease
- Removes unwanted species that threaten species native to an ecosystem
- Provides forage for game
- Improves habitat for threatened and endangered species
- Recycles nutrients back to the soil
- Promotes the growth of trees, wildflowers, and other plants
HX has become the trusted experts to lead and guide dangerous firefighting emergencies while managing and conserving federal land and natural resources. We are part of “Region 8” prescribed burns with the USFS. Our
locations currently include: VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, TN, KY, MS, LA, AR, OK, TX, PR
Please feel free to contact our main office to talk to someone about an estimate or questions you have regarding prescribed burning.